KONE aims to operate an environmentally sustainable, safe, and cost-effective vehicle fleet. This is achieved through a globally aligned vehicle fleet policy and fleet management solutions. KONE’s vehicle fleet development program aims to reduce the average fuel consumption and CO2 emissions per vehicle by 5% year on year between 2010 and 2013.
Eco-efficiency in logistics is achieved by optimizing the distribution network, maximizing the use of environmentally efficient modes of transport, optimizing delivery loads to maximize the use of space, and centralizing volumes at strategic suppliers to reduce transport distances. In addition KONE uses advanced, ISO 14000-certified logistics service providers who follow environmentally friendly principles of operation.
KONE aims to reduce waste in its manufacturing and offices, through reduction at the source, reuse and recycling, or by sending waste for incineration. Only 3% of the waste generated by KONE’s global supply line is sent to landfill – the remaining 97% is recycled or sent for incineration.
ISO 14001 certification helps to assure our customers and other external stakeholders that KONE is committed to providing high quality products and solutions that take the environment into consideration. All of our production units, and KONE Corporation as a whole, are ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 certified.